Students from Cammie Jones and Deirdre d'Albertis' Women and Leadership course. This literature course works with a range of perspectives that take students closer engage with stories in ways that only they can tell with a focus on outreach to people and organizations with a focus on gender.
- Increases relevant coursework by bringing academic instruction to life.
- Develops meaningful involvement with the local and regional communities.
- Prepares individuals to participate in internships and research.
- Applies concepts from the classroom to their service.
- Provides platforms to analyze and discuss civic values.
- Allows exploration of career options.
- Develops a sense of community and civic responsibility.
- Teaches workforce skills.
- Increases a sense of self-efficacy, analytical skills and social development.
- Develops connections with people of diverse cultures and lifestyles.
- Provides opportunities to accommodate different learning styles.